Being sick in law school is the pits. Once one person in your LO has the sniffles, you know its only a matter of time that you have a Rudolph nose and are carting around travel size tissues, sister-made chicken soup, and Nyquil. 4-day bug is definitely going around, and I think I’m on the upswing.
Best tips I’ve heard for fighting away the law school sniffles:
- Treat your body right. Tea, fruits, veggies, soup, love, and sleep!
- Call in favors from your friends. They’ll share their notes if you can’t get out of bed.
- Email professors (especially if they have asked) to let them know you won’t be there. Nothing worse than being cold-called and absent.
- Carry tissues with you at all times. There is a disturbing lack of tissues available.
- Wash your hands. Duh.
- Get sleep over finishing your reading! If you are groggy and foggy in class, you won’t understand what’s going on anyway.
- Theraflu, Theraflu, Theraflu.
- Orange juice, Orange juice, Orange juice.
A restorative weekend of sleep, eating well, and more sleep is just what the Doctor ordered. Should be fresh as a spring chicken come Monday!